Custompress Duplicate Taxonomies

I'm developing an e-commerce Store

I am trying to develop an ecommerce store with the normal categorical tree: like electronics->Monitors, cameras etc.
But also want this hierarchy to be sortable by a brand taxonomy.

So you could click yellow, and it still had the same hierarchy but only the yellow brands.

I can't figure out the best way to implement this.
Another thing, I will be using a role manager plugin to allow different store managers access to different brands.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• aecnu

Greetings websharknz,

Thank you for the great question regarding making things sortable by taxonomy.

I admit I have no ideas to offer here since I personally would use an eCommerce solution to provide these features.

With that said, I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Arnold

You're going to need to write your own queries anyway so make two taxonomies. Brands for tracking your brands and the second for your product categories. Then you can sort by product categor and filter by brand.

Since your Brands are flat you might use a non-hierarchical taxonomy like a tag.

Don't get too complaex though. The morethings you but in a sort the more joins and the slower hte search would be.

• aecnu

Greetings Arnold and websharknz,

Arnold thank you for chiming in as always with your ever helpful input.

@websharknz It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.