CustomPress export and add_post_type_support()

Hi, first time using this plugin, it has its merits, but how can I export the post type? It has an option to be exportable?

Also, I am a user of Genesis Framework, which has its own meta, layout options etc, and I need to be able to add them into the add_post_type_support(), but it only has the standard options, can I 'hack' the genesis settings into it somewhere?

Thanks

• petem
    • Flash Drive

thanks, but not really what i had in mind for export, i thought the function itself, so at least i could add my genesis to the add support, alas, nope. i only rejoined for this app, and i can't use it. magic fields seems to be a keeper right now. thanks anyway.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Petem,

Ah I think I may have mis-understood - so you want to export the post-type setting themselves. There is no function for this yet, but I can see that being a good feature.

Perhaps you'd like to suggest it in our feature request forum?

Other than that, you can export the database tables relating to CustomPress which will give you all the settings. All you'd need is access to phpMyAdmin or a similar database mangement tool. Your host probably provides this.

Phil

• gideonsmolders
    • Flash Drive

I was also thinking the export referred to the exporting of post type settings. I was thinking I could export all the associated taxonomies and custom fields related to a post type and then reimport tehm elsewhere.
    It would allow for an easy reinstall or backup, or transfer to other site.
    this would be a great feature

Gideon

• petem
    • Flash Drive

the fact i can't add my own support types renders it useless for my needs which is a shame. i am finding magic fields alot more user friendly than custom post types anyway right now, im sure it will get there, but it just takes too long to do anything. magic fields gets the job done alot faster. hopefully future will bring more to the table. i was super excited to get this plugin, but it just falls short.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

I'm sorry CustomPress doesn't suit your needs right now. This is all good feedback though and will be taken into consideration.

Meanwhile, it's worth looking out for our new Custom development service which we'll be launching soon. It could be that this is something we can do for you separately!

Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.