CustomPress Fields styles are not applied at the front end page

I've a question about styling the output of CustomPress Fields. As it stands right now I'm inputing a series of <p> elements and on display I'm getting a single string sanitized of all my input. I need it to output the original content without making these changes.

Can't replicate these changes with default WordPress theme.

The support access is granted. Please visit the /album/ghosts/ page and check the text under "Liner Notes".

Custom Fileds have WP Editor selected.

Please advise

• Adam

I haven't gotten a reply about this and I know it's a little vexing. But I narrowed down the problem after it was suggested to me in support that my theme may have been the issue. First, I removed the field from CustomPress and opted instead to use ACF to generate a WYSIWYG editor. But before I did that I stopped to check the error console and it seems that the editor produced by CustomPress has an incompatibility with TinyMCE right now.

What I noticed was that if I edited the text in the "text" instead of "visual" editor, the results were fine as long as I wrote compliant HTML. However, if I switched to the visual editor and switched back, the html markup would be stripped out of again.

Obviously that wouldn't do for a client site so I had to remove the field.

As an aside I get the general feeling there's a lot of technical cruft, rot, and abandonment in the current lineup of WPMU's plugins. I'd really rather them be straight up abandoned than offered to us as part of a premium package. The few plugins that WPMU does maintain well are worth the money, but the drop in quality on some, maybe most plugins is noticeable and frustrating.

• Vaughan

Hi Adam,

Apologies for delay, we're hiring new staff, so hopefully, we will have more staff available soon to cope with the extra demand.

This happens as normal with Wordpress when using < p> tags, due to the wpautop in Tinymce.

This article should explain it more.

Hope this helps