Custompress first experience - REALESTATE site

Hi guys!

I have just finished building a four language (qTranslate) realestate site with:
a) Realestate search
b) Realestate section in the /wp-admin/
c) Customfield drop-downs for type of property and type of offer
d) Customfields for price
e) Search for price between range etc.
f) Main thumbnail for each offer + additional galleries generated in-post (no nextgen)

http://www.agnesinversiones.com/en/blog/rodzaj/od-developera/

I have to say - Custompress saved a whole bunch of time - love it.
Thank you WPMU.

• expromo
    • Flash Drive

@Joseff: glad you like it. It's very customizable - I have disabled most of the animations as I don't really like them and they are really slow on IE7.

For me it's a lifesaver when there are animations involved and usually my customers say something like:

This animation doesn't really work for the first 3 seconds - it's broken - FIX IT

On the other hand I'm looking for a good simple div preloader with a good animation and a fade-in :slight_smile:

• Louis Zanolli
    • Flash Drive

In fact, since CP is using custom taxonomy, which is the same as the regular post system, you can even export/import them but not the Custom Fields I think though the data is placed in the back-up. They're just posts with a different name and controls.

Ulrich, if you happen to get back here, when exporting through the WP export tool, I assume Custom Fields don't export? I see the input data and assume it just fills in the info like a static post on import?

I bring this up because my back-up had the embed code and data for each "post" but not the Custom Field name.

Will this always be the case? Know any fast methods to back-up CP, custom fields and all, without grabbing the whole db? Any tool coming to do so?

Or am I wrong here?

• Ulrich
    • The Crimson Coder

Ulrich, if you happen to get back here, when exporting through the WP export tool, I assume Custom Fields don't export? I see the input data and assume it just fills in the info like a static post on import?

Custom Fields are exported via the WP export tool. They are exactly the same as the default posts custom fields.

Ivan will be in better position to answer the other questions.

• Ivan
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@Louis Zanolli

In fact, since CP is using custom taxonomy, which is the same as the regular post system, you can even export/import them but not the Custom Fields I think though the data is placed in the back-up. They're just posts with a different name and controls.

I bring this up because my back-up had the embed code and data for each "post" but not the Custom Field name.

Will this always be the case? Know any fast methods to back-up CP, custom fields and all, without grabbing the whole db? Any tool coming to do so?

Or am I wrong here?

CustomPress uses 3 option entries to store all of its data ( if on MS inside "wp_sitemeta", if on SS inside "wp_options" )."ct_custom_post_types" for the post types, "ct_custom_taxonomies" for the taxonomies and "ct_custom_fields" for the custom fields. These option entries store system data only, meaning data that is used for creating the post types taxonomies and custom fields .Currently there is no mechanism build into CustomPress to back-up that data. All other data is user data and it is stored inside e.g. "wp_postmeta"... etc. I don't know whether this overview answers your questions, if not ping me with some more.

@expromo

I have also one question. Is it possible to make Custom Press CP invisible to MU users but let them still use the additional custom-fields and taxonomies?

Yes, that's easy. Open "content-types" submodule directory, find "ct-config.php" and comment out the following line:
    define( 'CT_SUBMENU_PARENT_SLUG', 'cp_main' );
    This will hide the admin menu for Content Types but CustomPress will remain fully operational.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.