Custompress - Front End Display Implementation

Greetings WPMUdev!

I recently started to look at the Custompress plugin and have been following the guide here - https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/custompress/#product-usage

The Custom Post Type that I've set up, "Plants" (which the guide helpfully replicates :relaxed:slight_smile:, is good to go on the back end (at least to start). I just need to know how to implement the functionality for the front end to be displayed.

I'm at the point in the guide which talks about this as well. So far, I innerstand that I need to create a custom template or copy the theme's single.php file and add the appropriate embedded codes. I just need to know which codes to add and what further .php code is needed.

There is also a way to do this (that doesn't add in the required code) via the plugin itself?

When the theme's single.php file is mentioned, is that referring to:

public_html/wp-content/themes/upfront/single.php/ or public_html/upfront/single.php/

I also noticed in Spirit's Templates/Post Parts folder there was no single.php. Only single-post.php & single-page.php. The file I need to create would be 'single-plant.php' via going by the guide and what is needed for my post type. I'm assuming then that the single.php file I'm looking for is not in the uf-spirit directory itself then correct?

Hope you guys can help with this implementation. Great plugin! Thank you :slight_smile:

Much Love,
Ciro Bey

• Rupok

Hi Ciro Bey

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I also noticed in Spirit's Templates/Post Parts folder there was no single.php

Yes. Spirit is a Upfront Theme and the theme architecture is not like regular other WordPress themes. So you can't just edit the post template file and add your embed code. If you sent us your requirement in details, we could guide you better in implementing this. I'm talking with our Upfront experts regarding this, and I'll forward them details as soon as you provide to me.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Ciro Bey

Greetings @rupokify

I was meaning to make a copy of upfront's single.php and editing the copy for the appropriate changes that's needed for custompress to display on the front end.

All of the details are in my first post. There's not much else to add. I'm following the guide listed there and I'm not sure how to implement the "Embedded Codes" from Custompress into the posts themselves so that I wouldn't have to do each one manually.

Hope that makes sense!

Much Love,
    Ciro Bey

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Ciro,

We spoke with developers and you don't need to create custom template for your custom post types. You can view your custom post and edit in Upfront editor like normal post and pages make your adjustments to design and the click save and choose that changes should be for all posts of the type. So they will be applied from now on to all of your custom post types.

When it comes to the custom post fields - you can add then when you adjust layout of the custom page - for example you add new region where you place text element, then in this text element you add shortcode for custom field - like this one:

[ct id="_ct_selectbox_4cf582bd61fa4" property="value"]

save for all posts and then value of this field will show on all of the custom posts types.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Ciro Bey

Thank you for clarifying @bastetmilo

Quick question about the "Saving for all post types" feature.

For example:
    For a blog post, would saving for all similar posts be of the same category, or all blog post types in general?

Also, what is all changed/modified on those posts if something was changed on one and clicked save for all posts.

For example:
    If an image element was added and a text element was added and saved as a "layout" for all similar posts. If, for the second post, these elements were modified (different image/different text), would "saving for all similar posts" effect the previous post or just future posts?

Thanks again!

Much Love,
    Ciro Bey

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Ciro,

For a blog post, would saving for all similar posts be of the same category, or all blog post types in general?

It will be for all blog posts.

Also, what is all changed/modified on those posts if something was changed on one and clicked save for all posts.

Every element you will change that is not post content (or related to the specific post like featured image, categories, tags) will be applied for the all blog posts.
    When you change format of the post date - it will be applied for the all blog posts.
    If you add text element save for all posts and then on another post you will change same element and save - change will be applied for all posts - previous and future.
    So if you need custom element on specific post - you will need to save it only for the one post.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.