[CustomPress] Gutenberg Conflicts

I understand plugins aren't ready for Gutenberg yet. I just created a CPT. To test I chose Add New from the admin menu. At first all of the custom fields displayed. I clicked one of them, and all disappeared except the first for the generic Add Title. The page is now treating this as a standard post.

After that I tried page refreshing and getting in from Add New : Selecting Add New Gutenberg had the same result. Selecting Add New Custom Edit was also showing entry fields for the default post type.

To summarize. There's a CPT with fields now but no way to add new records.

Deactivate Gutenberg, and all fields for the type display.
Reactivate Gutenberg and the same as above occurs - see the fields, they disappear, no way to recover them.

I can't tell if this is a Gutenberg issue with CPTs, or a CustomPress issue with Gutenberg, sorry.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Tony,

I'm trying this out on my end but I'm having some issues replicating this, could you go to CustomPress > Export / Import and export your CPT and custom fields and attach them here as TXT files so I could try importing it on my end to check it out?

Or you could also grant support access to your site in question and I'll check out your setup :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Tony G
    • Mr. LetsFixTheWorld

Support access has been granted on the site for WPMUDEVSIG. Feel free to try the only CPT there, now with Gutenberg plugin disabled, then disabled to see the difference. OK to disable all, etc to experiment. I'm in there too but can adapt.
    Thanks!

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Tony,

Thanks for granting access, I did some tests on both your site and by importing your CPT and custom fields to my local installation but it doesn't seem that there's anything wrong with using Gutenberg alongside this.

As I understand, your issue is that the content and other fields are gone when creating new Project, is that correct?
    When I check your CPT setting you have disabled Content and most other stuff so only title, comments and revisions are active.

Only thing that I can see is that Gutenberg editor doesn't fire up on CPT, this should be working with Rest API enabled as far as I know but it seems this is not working within CustomPress for some reason so I have reported that to our devs.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Tony G
      • Mr. LetsFixTheWorld

Predrag Dubajic Thank you VERY much for your continued assistance! I do disable the XML-RPC interface, per suggestion from Defender. Other than that I can't think of anything that might interfere with that. If required, please feel free to disable all plugins except the WPMUDEV dashboard, CustomPress, and Gutenberg.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Tony,

I think we're no longer on the same page here, I might have explained wrong what happened during my tests.

When I test adding new post for custom CPT on your site I actually see no difference with and without Gutenberg active.
    Only thing I noticed is that Gutenberg editor is not working even when its active and I could replicate that on my end as well and reported it to our devs.

So at this moment, I'm not sure that I understand what the exact issue is here, from what I'm getting it's not just Gutenberg editor not firing up, you're seeing some differences when it's active, is that right?

Could you provide me with some screenshots of what you're referring to so I could understand this better?

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.