Custompress how can i embed 1 specific post, in a page?

I was wondering if i could use a specific custom press post or content fields, within other posts tht i create?

What i want to achieve is to create blocks of information, and reuse them on several pages in my site.

Its actually someting like a banner. With title, small image and text.

It's also almost solved with a plugin like 'recent custom posts'. but i don't want to show a recent post, but i want to show a specific post.

Thanks in advance to anyone taking time to reply to my question.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Winoman

I hope you are well today, that might require some custom coding, you could add a custom post type, then add a custom field in the settings of that attach it your post type and then display it by editing your loop or index/page.php you might also do that by just adding custom fields to the default post type, is that what you wanted to achieve?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Winoman

Hi Jack,

thanks for your reply. In the last part lays my challenge.
    i'll try to clearify my goal some more.

Quote: "and then display it by editing your loop or index/page.php"
    W: This is the part what its all about for me. How do i do that. I'm not a coder, more a designer. So i'm looking for an easy way to realise this.

Maybe this example helps: (it's how think it can be done correct me if im wrong)
    - i create a custom post type, lets say 'location'
    - i create several locations, so i got some content (heading + tekst + url + image)
    - then i'm ready to use this content.
    - i create a regular page or post with some tekst
    - On this page i would like to 'insert' 1 of the locations. Somewhere in the content with a short code or something easy like that.

Hope you can point me out where to start, or maybe how to achieve this in another way.
    Thanks again.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Winoman

I hope you are well today, sorry for the extreme delay with my reply, in this case, It might be better to use shortcodes rather than custom coding within a template file.

You certainly have the right idea, the shortcode you will most likely want to use to display an individual custom post would be this

[ct_in id="_ct_selectbox_4cf582bd61fa4" property="title | description | input"]

Where this 4cf582bd61fa4 is the idea for your custom post type, if that makes sense? :slight_smile:

I'm here to help.

Thank you for your patience and sorry again about the extreme delay.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.