custompress- i need more options for my dropdown form

hi, i have a large dropdown form for your classifieds plugin, i am building it on custompress. i have run out of options for my drop down form on line 984.. i will need almost 2000 options for the dropdown form… any suggestions? i very badly need your help!! thank you in advance.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello ross,

I checked plugin code and there is no limit inserted there. When you try to add another option is there any error showing? Or there is no more “Add another option” link?

Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

kind regards,

Kasia

• ross
    • Flash Drive

ok thanks for such a quick reply… i have granted support permission for the site. the name of the site is equipment.tradester.org on the multinetwork. please let me know any questions. the problem is when you fill the option field out it will not save after 984…

please let me know! thanks awesome nomad!

ross

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello ross,

I’m sorry for delay on my side.

the problem is when you fill the option field out it will not save after 984…

This probably means that there is problem with some resources limits. Please try increasing value of post_max_size https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/increase-memory-limit/

Your current limits can be found in WPMU DEV -> Support -> System Info.

If this will not help please enable debug log in your WordPress. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define(‘WP_DEBUG’, true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( ‘WP_DEBUG_LOG’, true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( ‘WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY’, false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it. I would need then to see contents of the debug.log file – so please upload it (after you try adding new option) to service like dropbox and paste link here.

kind regards,

Kasia

• ross
    • Flash Drive

hi! still no luck with this. we (a professional developer plus me) tried increased memory, deactivating plugins, changing max input vars so on, debug log showing nothing to do with adding field. could you please help us further?

thanks,

ross

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.