CustomPress multisite-user defined permalinks?

Hello, when creating a multisite, I notice it's possible to allow each site admin to define their own permalink structure. I wanted to know if this was somehow possible with Custom Press for custom post types.

The reason I ask, is because we are creating a Custom Post type 'Product', but for a restaurant, they would prefer the permalink say 'Menu item'. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Alexander

Hi @ghmaster,

Sure, this can be done quite easily. When editing the post type, look for the sections "Has archive" and "Rewrite"

"Has archive" will allow you to do something like /menu if you're going to list them all on an archive type page.

Then "Rewrite" option will allow you to change the permalink slug for the post type.

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes, and if you need any other help here.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member.
    Best regards,

• ghmaster

Thanks for the response, but I think what I am after is a little different. I would like the site admin of an individual multisite install to be able to redefine the slug for the custom post type of his site if he chooses.

So for example someone who is using the site for a beauty salon may name the slug 'massages' or a restaurant might name the slug 'menu'. In other words I would like the same functionality a site admin has with post permalinks to be available for custom post types: The ability to define custom permalink structures from a settings page. Is there any way I could do this? Thanks in advance.

• Alexander

Hi @ghmaster,

You can define custom permalinks on a per site basis, but to do this for custompress, it would have to be for post types that were created locally on that site. When made locally, the admin can change the settings, but if the post types was created for the whole network, it can only be changed from the network admin settings.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.