Custompress shortcodes for taxonomies, display only term name, not permalink

For the taxonomy display shortcode, like in:

[tax id="especialidad" before="your text before: " separator=", " after=" your text after"]

is there a parameter to control the display of the term as link or only as text?

If not I think it’s something fairly simple and valuable to add to the plugin. I’ve actually managed to do it elsewhere on php using this ugly but effective code:

wp_strip_all_tags(do_shortcode(‘[tax id="especialidad" before="" separator=", " after=""]‘:wink:);

However, on this time I’d rather just use the shortcode version of it because of how my theme works. Any ideas?

Best,

David

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @david Riveroll, hope you’re doing well today. :slight_smile:

I’m not aware of a parameter that would handle this, it seems like you’d have to either modify the plugin code, or you’d have to utilize a custom function that would remove the links (however, this would be applying this change to ALL instances of the shortcode).

I’ve called in our SLS staff on this one, as this seems to be something more suited to them. One of them should be along soon. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Nichael

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @david Riveroll,

I hope you are well today and I’m sorry about the issue.

I have checked the code, unfortunately now, the shortcode function don’t have ability to switch to another output. But we have the filter “tax_shortcode”, and we can use that to change the shortcode output.

Example of usage

add_filter('tax_shortcode','tax_shortcode_ex',10,3);
    function tax_shortcode_ex($result, $atts, $content){
    //do your logic here
    return $result;
    }

If you have any issues please don’t hesitate to let us know so we can assist.

Best regards,

Hoang

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.