Custompress Template Creation with Theme Framework

Hi all,

I recently got the CustomPress plugin so I could easily create custom post types with a number of custom fields. However, I'm having trouble creating the templates I need to display my custom fields. I'm using the Genesis Framework, so there is no single.php Template. I've followed all the instructions -- changed permission to 777, gone through all of the steps, and still no luck.

Is it possible that CustomPress is incompatible with Genesis? Does it work with Thesis? Does it only work without a framework?

thanks for any advice

• DavidM

Hello xcar27,

First off, welcome to WPMU DEV! We're glad you're here!

If there's no single.php, then CustomPress won't have anything to copy. And if Genesis doesn't provide a single.php file, that would explain why you're not finding a template file generated by CustomPress.

It may be possible that the developers behind Genesis have devised a simpler way of working with the display of posts. However, I can't seem to find anything on the net on how Genesis handles post display. Their forums are restricted to members only.

I would say the best thing to do is to go through Genesis support and ask them how Genesis provides for display of custom post types.

Oh, and I should mention, CustomPress should technically be compatible with Genesis, it's just that Genesis appears to provides its own way of working with post display, rather than the standard WordPress single.php method.

Cheers,
    David

• xcar27

Hey David,

Thanks for the reply, the information has been helpful. Rather than get too invested in Genesis we kept looking around, and picked up the Striking Corporate Theme from ThemeForest. I checked to make sure that this one does have a single.php from which CustomPress can make a template. However, it still isn't working for me. Once again, I changed the permissions to 777, but I'm still getting no single-venues.php to appear in my editor. Venues is the name of my custom post type. Any advice?

Thank you

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.