Cutom post type with customPress

Hi,
I was wondering, if I install customPress to create a custom Post type, can I create a template for that custom post type inside customPress plugin? Or should I upload my custom post type template?
And If I do that, should I create a child theme so I do not loose that templete when I update the theme?
What is the best option here?
And does this plugin work well with Elegant Themes DIVI theme?
Thank you
Cheers,
Margarida

• Luís

Hi @maga,

I hope had been good today!

You can use CustomPress to create your custom post types, but if you want to show a different type of layout, you need to create a template. This template is created outside of CustomPress.

In the bottom of the Plugin Usage, you can get some information about the custom types templates:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/custompress/#usage

You can create a child theme, but if you update a theme you will not loose your custom post types.

Honestly, I never tried used that theme, but I'm convinced that will work well (From what I know, I never saw other members complaining about issues regarding to issues with Elegant Themes DIVI theme and CustomPress ).

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.