"daily pass" values

Hi guys, thanks for your terrific plugin. I'm having a bit of trouble with the "day pass" functionality, though.

My website features a photo workshop in 22 video lessons; the first is free, the others for a nominal fee.

I love the "day pass" option your plugin offers, but it seems I'm not configuring it properly. What I had in mind for it was actually an "all access" pass to the workshop, good for 180 days, but when I configure those values I get an error message at the paypal end.

For now I just de-activated that function, but I'd appreciate help getting it dialed in...

• aecnu

Greetings jamesscolari,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Please consider the following:

(A) The setting you are trying to configure with the day pass for 180 days cannot be done more then 90 due to PayPal does not allow it.

(B) If indeed PayPal did allow it on their end when/if the client cleared their cookies then it would be all over anyway and they would not be recognized by the system.

(C) This is indeed in my opinion considering the above, dynamic IP's, no way to track clients by IP except for cookies - the wrong solution for anything more then a day or three and the Membership plugin would be the best candidate for this mission.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member and have a GREAT upcoming weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• jamesscolari

Gotcha, if that parameter was in the instructions I must have missed it.

Thanks for the tip re: the membership plugin -- but the site is intended as a finite workshop, 22 lessons on video, that can be purchased "a la carte" on a one-off basis, or, ideally, for an "all access" lump sum. Subscription or membership to the website at this point, doesn't offer a lot of benefit beyond those 22 lessons -- maybe a year from now, when there's a LOT more content, but for now, I'm looking for "buy now" functionality at a couple of price points.

It might not be the best solution, but I'll adjust to 90 days, and warn students not to dump their cookies.

Something on my wish list for the plugin is the ability to "comp" a user -- to be able to generate some kind of "free pass" for either a single page or the entire site. Is there any way to do that?

Thanks!

• aecnu

Greetings jamesscolari,

Thank you for the additional input which is absolutely appreciated.

Something on my wish list for the plugin is the ability to "comp" a user -- to be able to generate some kind of "free pass" for either a single page or the entire site. Is there any way to do that?

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings,

It appears with the lead developers definitive clarification this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.