Daily site

I uploaded the Buddypress Daily Theme and I get this error message when I try to activate it....

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare bp_dtheme_ajax_querystring() (previously declared in /home/livinggr/public_html/mysite.com/mm/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/_inc/ajax.php:20) in /home/livinggr/public_html/mysite.com/mm/wp-content/themes/bp-daily/_inc/ajax.php on line 63

• slpconte
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

thank you so much... i ended up switching themes because of the issue and now I am using the corporate theme which i love.... but i have two problems with this theme....
    1. I can't set the static homepage to activity stream.... i get a nothing found message. but if i use another home page and click the activity button it works. (hope that makes sense)
    2. my admin bar is not working... is that a theme issue or buddypress.... anything i click on goes straight to my home page....

thanks in advance

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Sharena!

1. I can't set the static homepage to activity stream.... i get a nothing found message. but if i use another home page and click the activity button it works. (hope that makes sense)

This is an issue with the way BuddyPress and WordPress 3.0 interact. There's a fix from BuddyPress trac that you can place in the bottom of your functions.php file (right before the closing "?>" ) and it will fix the issue:

/* WP 3.0 requires there to be a non-null post in the posts array */
    function bp_dtheme_fix_the_posts_on_activity_front( $posts ) {
           global $wp_query;
         // NOTE: the double quotes around '"activity"' are thanks to our previous function
    bp_dtheme_fix_get_posts_on_activity_front()
            if ( empty( $posts ) && !empty( $wp_query->query_vars['page_id'] ) &&
    '"activity"' == $wp_query->query_vars['page_id'] )
                    $posts = array( (object) array( 'ID' => 'activity' ) );
          return $posts;
    }
    add_filter( 'the_posts', 'bp_dtheme_fix_the_posts_on_activity_front' );

2. my admin bar is not working... is that a theme issue or buddypress.... anything i click on goes straight to my home page....

Got a link? In general if a link is available, it's best to include on in your first post of a thread so that we can more quickly see the issue. There could be several issues that cause this but I'd first check for plugin conflicts and your server error logs.

Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Took a quick look and the register and login page shows up. The rest of the menu bar is only available for logged in users so I can't check on that.

Did you try disabling other plugins and was there anything in your server error logs?

Thanks!

• slpconte

so i noticed that it is not the admin bar that's the problem but the links have not been created. even if i enter them in myself like.... thelazyecomom.com/mm/events/myevents it goes to thelazyecomom.com/mm...

oy....

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

If I use the links at the top of the page, I'm able to go to the groups, forms, events, (activity asks for a login). So the links appear to exist and work. You're saying the top buddypress admin bar doesn't work though?

If you'll create a login/password for me I can login and take a look. I can't see the issue as a visitor.
    Just email the info to mason [at] incsub [dot] com and reference this thread.

Thanks!

• Dale Hazlett

@masonjames. I think I may be having the one of the same issues as Sharena. My site allows new users to both register and create a site. For some of the new sites I see a "What you are looking for isn't there" message. These people tend to never come back instead of leaving me a message. Could this be caused by the BuddyPress - WordPress 3.0 interaction that you described for Sharena? Could I use the code you provided to solve it?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Dale,

I can't say if it'll work for you or not. It is specifically for making a buddypress page (like activity for example) work as a homepage in WordPress 3.0. You'd know if this wasn't working because the page would 404 rather than displaying the correct content.

Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Sharena!

Logged in and clicked around and found that every link for my account worked as expected. Admin bar, page navigation and profile links in the sidebar all took me to the correct pages.

Are you still having the same issue with navigation? If so, try logging into the account you created for me and see if it does anything different from what you are seeing.

Let me know!

Thanks.

• James Farmer
    • CEO (of WPMU DEV, honest)

Hmmm, it sounds like you have fundamental database issues to do with your account - is there any way you can start from scratch again (new dbase etc.)?

The admin bar is difficult to diagnose without full access to your systems - have you done anything abnormal, is there anything specifically different on your install than on any other sites?

Mason and our other developers will see if they can assist you asap.

• slpconte

Thanks... I have done too much work this time to redo.... I am afraid it will take me too much time to start from scratch :slight_frown:... I don't believe I have done anything different and I wonder why it is just my account. Can I create a new admin and then delete my old main one? or would that complicate things? When I created one for Mason it works fine...

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Sharena,

You could definitely try creating a new user account, giving it Super Admin rights and seeing how it goes. If we know it's something specific to that username - although for the life of me I've not heard of this before and can't think of what would cause it.

As always, give it a shot and let us know how it goes!

Thanks!

• slpconte

is there an easy way to change the username? it is specific to the username because i have created a new user as admin and it works.... just like the admin user i created for you. for some reason the root "thelazyecomom.com/mm/members/thelazyecomom" does not exist or something and that is why my links don't work and i get redirected to thelazyecomom.com/mm

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Sharena,

I can't think of what would have caused this. The easiest way to handle this would be to just let that old username go (limit it to a subscriber or something) and then use your new username giving your "Nickname" something that is recognizable.

Changing the actual username can only be done through the database. You'd need to open up the wp_users table and find the user_login that you want to change and make the change there. Editing the database can be risky, so be careful with this. If changing the nickname is suitable, I'd really stick with that.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Yeah, I know it's not ideal, but short of following James' suggestion of re-installation, I'm not sure whatelse we can do. :disappointed:

Anyway, this solution should do the trick and if we have to revisit it down the road, then we will.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.