Daily theme, how to change highlighted menu

Hi guys,
I am currently setting up our new car care blog, using the WPMU Dev Daily Theme. As this is perfect to showcase our content categories on the front page.
However, I do need a little help with the basic menu setup for the theme.
In the Daily theme there is a menu highlighted in Blue, above the main menu I have created, currently showing Categories ending with Next months newsletter and car care news ...
Please feel free to take a look to confirm what I mean @ http://www.carcaremagazine.com
Could anyone please advise me of how to amend this menu as I would like to feature just a couple of my categories here if possible, I am not using buddy press or Multisite at this sight, by the way if this changes anything,
Many thanks in advance,
Andrew - newbie

• Arun Basil Lal

Hello maurands,

I would like to add a bit into the solution @riyaku mentioned and perfect it! Find attached a child theme of the Studio theme. Upload it like a normal theme and activate it. Its a child theme to the theme you are already using, so all your customizations will be carried over :slight_smile:

Before you upload, find the file \library\components\navigation.php in the zip file and replace the category ID's with the ID's of the categories you have.

This should solve it, so am gonna go ahead and mark this thread as resolved. If you need any more help, regarding how to find the category ID's or anything like that, feel free to ask, we are all here to help!

Cheers,
    Arun Basil Lal

• CoppellDarryl

Sorry to repoen, but I have a question regarding this.

I tried the solution stated by riyaku. I did not try the additional steps outlined by Arun. Mainly because I am using the Daily Press Child theme and I wasn't clear about if it was ok to Studio theme, Is that correct? install and activate the Studio child theme even though I am using the Daily Press parent theme?

And part 2, is the reason I still need a solution is that riyuka solution worked partially. It changed over to the cateorgiees I listed, EXCEPT 2 of the categories had high ID numbers. One was 93 and the other was 111. Neither of those showed up. I was wondering if having and ID above a single digit is the reason or if there is something else I did wrong or didn't do.

• aecnu

Greetings CoppellDarryl,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thank you for the bringing this item to our attention but you are responding to a ticket that was closed, monitored by a Staff member that has long been gone, to a theme that the original lead developer is gone as well. An eternity in Internet time.

Please create your own ticket and feel free to copy and paste any relative information to the new ticket.

Look forward to helping you out there and possibly being able to get the lead developers eye on it. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Have a GREAT weekend!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.