Daily theme not displaying new Nickname.

Hi Support

I have searched the forum and did not find my problem listed.

I have selected that WordPress use my Nickname rather than my user name. However the Daily theme does not display the nickname and reverts to the user name instead.

Cheers
Mark

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

@Mark: What version of BuddyPress are you using? I think this is an issue in BuddyPress not Daily - could you try the default BuddyPress theme for me and see if you get the same issue there please. I'm not dismissing it just want to be sure I'm on the right track with what you are referring to. In future if you can provide versions of Wordpress, BuddyPress and also a link that will help greatly in diagnosis please.

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

That name is is produced by the function call the_author_link(). A quick scan of the theme, mostly in the files within library/components shows the function call being used without any parameters which means the function uses what's chosen at the author's Display Name so it should work.

Can you please provide a specific example of where this isn't occurring?

Do you have any caching in place?

I;m wondering if you;re looking at the activity stream which I believe is cached or stored separately.

(/me actually answered a buddypress question. Someone alert the media. :slight_smile:

• Sue
    • Recruit

Also just in case -- Do you mean the name displayed against activities in the Activity stream or the @replies mentions?

If you mean the @replies mentions than BuddyPress uses the username only and not the nickname. Changing the nickname only changes the name displayed against activities in the Activity stream.

• Mark
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Folks

It does appear to be a BuddyPress issue as it is also not using my nickname in the BuddyPress default theme.

I am using the latest version of BuddyPress and WPMU.

Thanks for all the responses. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.