*** Danger, danger … there's a newbie in the house! ***

I am quite frustrated. As a newbie I’ve been able to set up my website hosting and install WordPress Multisite, BuddyPress and the Product theme (1.7 which I just upgraded to 1.7.1).

I feel pretty stupid right now, but here goes …

I can no longer find the BuddyPress option to set the Navigation Bar position to bottom rather than the default top position.

And the Product theme comes with built in content slider. I can populate the content area but I don’t seem to be able to find slider control buttons anywhere … ie < and > for left and right movement.

Ughh! I feel so stupid!

The Product theme does come with a manual but it doesn’t tell you a whole lot more than what you can guess when I’m in WP Admin adjusting Theme Options, etc.

Is there a “Product Theme For Dummies” book out there that I can borrow or buy?

Help! … Michael

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Micheal,

Greeting and thanks for posting on the forums.

Is there a “Product Theme For Dummies” book out there that I can borrow or buy?

Well, no :slight_smile: But there is a book “PC” which you can read – lol

I am looking into the issue and will be posting my response soon in as simple words as I can. I just need to setup my lab site accordingly so that I can assist better.

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the info Michael.

I can no longer find the BuddyPress option to set the Navigation Bar position to bottom rather than the default top position.

And the Product theme comes with built in content slider. I can populate the content area but I don't seem to be able to find slider control buttons anywhere … ie < and > for left and right movement.

Even I do not see that on my labs site. Can you confirm if that was working with the BP 1.6.5 version which you updated ?

And the Product theme comes with built in content slider. I can populate the content area but I don't seem to be able to find slider control buttons anywhere … ie < and > for left and right movement.

That is pretty simple.

Just set it up like the screenshot and it should be working fine : http://testingnewblogtemplates1.wpdemo.in/

Make sure you have entered the header and content for each slider area in the theme options

Appearance >> Theme options and after making changes, do not forget to save that from the button at the bottom as per the screenshot.

Please advise

Cheers, PC

• MichaelScott
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi PC,

I’ll try the pointers you’ve given me – thanks.

In regards to “Even I do not see that (Navigation Bar) on my labs site. Can you confirm if that was working with the BP 1.6.5 version which you updated ?”, if you look at http://www.causeinternational.com you’ll see the BuddyPress Activity and Members options which I set up when I was running under 1.7 is towards the bottom of the page which means that BuddyPress is at least showing up.

I’ll do what you’ve suggested and will let you know how I go.

Thanks … Michael

• MichaelScott

Hi PC,

I'm scratching my head right now …

I've completed the Slide one, Slide two, Slide three, Slide four (see first screen shot below), Content one, Content two and Content three pages having put entries into each of the text areas in all seven screen as per the first screen shot below.

The second screen shot shows the updated home page and I get the entries I made on Slide one, Slide two, Slide three, Slide four, Content one, Content two and Content three all on my home page – all at once.

What the heck is going on here? What's going to happen when I get into the difficult stuff further down the track?

Help!

Thanks, and best regards … Michael

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Michael,

First of all, I would like to ask “Are you using a child theme ?”

The site I see there does not seem to have a stylesheet associated with it and hence its appearing all unstyled.

As the site is under development right now, I would like to have a closer look. Can you please send me your login details and FTP information via our secure contact form and mark it to my attention and also include a link to this thread ?

Please use “I have a different question” from the list while sending an email.

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Michael,

First issue is fixed.

Problem was that under wp-content/themes you had the theme folder named incorrectly.

You named it as

Product 3.2.1

but it should be just

product

When installing a theme, you should just follow the guide here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-and-buddypress-themes-2/installing-new-themes/

Second issue :

You had Show slideshow block? set to "No" in the theme options.

I set it to yes and everything looks fine now.

Now you just need to add content to your slides under theme options and make your way through.

I hope that helps.Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

• MichaelScott

Hi PC,

The Theme Options for my primary site causeinternational.com has the BuddyPress menu item as you can see in the first screen shot below.

The Theme Options for my secondary site australia.causeinternational.com does not have the BuddyPress menu item as you can see in the second screen shot below.

I've looked at the manuals online and I've not found any discussion around activating BuddyPress on a site-by-site basis but maybe – as a newbie – I've missed it.

Sorry to bug you again with such basic questions/issues.

Thanks … Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.