Dashboard button for non-admin users

When an administrator logs in the profile menu from the top right includes a Dashboard link. However, if another user type logs in, the Dashboard link is not shown. Please turn on only the Dashboard link, without showing any sub-topics for role type User. Also, please tell me how you did this so that I can add/remove the Dashboard link myself for other user types.

Thank You.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @chriscarpenter, Michael here! :slight_smile:

I'd need to have a deeper look at the theme for this one, as it looks to be governed by that, rather than Ultimate Branding, could you please send in the following via our secure contact form:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form (linked to below), please select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

Thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

• Michael Bissett

Hey @chriscarpenter, thanks for doing that! :slight_smile:

This would actually be governed by the header.php template in your theme, as there's some rules there that determine how that menu comes up for users.

As you've got a child theme set up here, I've copied the header.php template from the parent theme into that, and I've inserted these lines of code into that template:

<?php if( current_user_can('user')) { ?>
    										<div id="dashboard-links" class="bp_components">
    												<li class="menupop">
    													<a class="ab-item" href="<?php echo admin_url(); ?>"><?php _e('Dashboard','boss'); ?></a>
    										<?php } ?>

You'll find that code on lines 263-271 of:

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,