Dashboard Customization

I've signed in to a free blog at edublogs.org and the first thing that captured my attention is the dashboard. I've liked the idea to add avatars module, edit profile module and reset password module to the dashboard without having to go to menus...cool idea.
My question is this a plugin or code hacking?
thank you?

• Shawn
    • The Crimson Coder

Probably both - but the majority of it is done via plugins - and the same plugins (or variants of them, anyway) are available on WPMUDEV. There are nearly 150 plugins available here, and they offer a wide range of capabilities - so it may take a little digging to find exactly the combination of features you're after.

If you have specific needs, let us know and we can help guide you to the right ones.

• firas80
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

One more question Sue, When I signed up I've seeing an option to choose blog language.. from the languages there is Arabic which is not available in WPMU Languages Package Plugin, What Mu files for Arabic are you using so that I can added it to the languages folder in my network.
    Please advice thank you.

• Sue
    • Recruit

Hi firas80

I have to credit all smartness for creating those dashboard widgets to my work colleague Ronnie Burt. He came up with the idea and had them developed while I was on holidays. While I loved them and pushed for them to be released on WPMU DEV.

I believe the WPMU DEV language pack has just been updated. Might be first worth checking to see if it has now been added to the language pack?

Thanks
    Sue Waters
    Edublogs Support Manager

• Sue
    • Recruit

Hi firas80

I have to credit all smartness for creating those dashboard widgets to my work colleague Ronnie Burt. He came up with the idea and had them developed while I was on holidays. While I loved them and pushed for them to be released on WPMU DEV.

I believe the WPMU DEV language pack has just been updated. Might be first worth checking to see if it has now been added to the language pack?

Thanks
    Sue Waters
    Edublogs Support Manager

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings firas80,

Thank you and yes I am fine and hope this post finds you the same.

I do admit that I am not sure if it indeed contains the Arabic translation but certainly hope so. It is the largest language compilation file I have ever seen and though I am ready to publish it, my Boss will get it first and then he will certainly publish it, I expect tomorrow :slight_smile:

Then I look forward to hearing from you if it indeed has the Arabic translation.

Until then ....

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.