Dashboard Left Side Navigation on Child Sites

Hi, I'm looking to hide a few pages and also many navigation options in the Dashboard/Admin area for sites in my network. I'd like to do it for all sites but the primary site. Is this possible to do?

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi, Jeff!

We've got a great tool for customizing your admin side view for your sub-site admins, Easy Blogging. You can do exactly what you describe here, and hide pages and links from the admin side for all your subsite admins.

You can force Easy Mode on a site-by-site basis, so if at some point you do want to allow some or all subsite admins more access, it's as simple as flipping a toggle to allow them full access again.

Does this look like it would meet your needs?

Thanks for your question!

• Jeff
    • Flash Drive

I'm looking for something that allows me to hide options/plugins without actually being in "easy mode" there are certain plugs that I want to us on the root site that I don't want available to the masses. Perhaps there is a better tool for this?

Thanks!

• Jeff
    • Flash Drive

I figured this one out... I had a gross misunderstanding of how plugins work in a multisite installation. I was putting everything to "Network Activate" which made them automatically applied across the entire installation. Once I figured out that if I just install it, each site then has the ability to choose if they want to activate it through the plugins area.

From there I just installed the "restrict plugins" plugin that you've developed and I'm good to go.

Thanks!

-Jeff

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.