Dashboard Plugins not responding

Hi, i'm having issues with my dashoboad plugins, Custom Content Dashboard Widget is giving me this error message: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DO in /home/a2wadmin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/custom-content-dashboard-widget/custom-content-dashboard-widget.php(116) : eval()'d code on line 1

while Dashboard Feeds is not changing the feeds at all.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Felix,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I used latest version of Custom Dashboard Widget on my test site but could not reproduce the problem.

Can you just tell me what's the content you have entered in Custom Content Widget in the dashboard and also troubleshoot it following the instructions provided in attached image flow chat.

while Dashboard Feeds is not changing the feeds at all.

Are you talking about this plugin https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/dashboard-feeds/ ? Let me know the feed settings.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Felix

Hi @VInod Dalvi Thanks for your response.

I followed your flow chart. disabled all the plugins and also went back to default wp template. the activated only set plugins dashboard feeds and still had errors with it. the primary and secondary widgets give this error:

RSS Error: WP HTTP Error: Operation timed out after 10000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received

RSS Error: WP HTTP Error: A valid URL was not provided.

The extra additional widget works fine, i even copied the feed url from the 3rd widget since it worked fine and placed it in the primary and secondary widgets, its still gave me same errors as above.

The custom dashboard widget i tried same process disabled all plugins and went to default theme as well and i still got same error message: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/a2wadmin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/custom-content-dashboard-widget/custom-content-dashboard-widget.php(116) : eval()'d code on line 1

the both plugins just won't function properly.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Felix,

Thank you for your detailed reply.

RSS Error: WP HTTP Error: Operation timed out after 10000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received

RSS Error: WP HTTP Error: A valid URL was not provided.

Check that the url you’ve put in the RSS widget does not have any spelling mistake.
    Validate the RSS using a RSS Validator to find any errors in it.

If above solution doesn't work then use Google Feedburner to serve the RSS feed to the widget instead of using the original RSS feed URL. Feedburner belongs to Google and their servers are fast. Just burn a feed at Feedburner for the RSS and use the Feedburner RSS URL in your RSS widget instead.

The custom dashboard widget i tried same process disabled all plugins and went to default theme as well and i still got same error message: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/a2wadmin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/custom-content-dashboard-widget/custom-content-dashboard-widget.php(116) : eval()'d code on line 1

Can you just try deleting custom dashboard widget plugin and re install it again.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.