Dashboard & Snapshot: "Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page."

Evenin' Yo !

Having some problems with Snapshot.
Updated my site, reinstalled WPMU Dashboard and Snapshot... now when I try to go Snapshot > Destinations I get the following error message:

Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.

Same occurs when I try to go to WPMU Dashboard > Plugins

Any thoughts ?

Thanks

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello sdlx,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The "Sorry, you are not allowed..." message is usually caused by what's called a "nonce". It's a kind of additional security layer used by WordPress, a sort of "one time/time valid" code so when this is either "broken" or expired, it would cause such issues.

If this started to happen only after update and you still got an access to the dashboard in general, please give these steps a try:

1. If there's any caching plugin on site, clear all the caches and disable cache
    2. if there's any additional cache on server, also clear it up and deactivate if possible
    3. Go to "Plugins -> All plugins" page and deactivate all plugins
    4. Go to "Themes" page and switch to one of the standard themes such as Twenty Fifteen or Twenty Sixteen

5. Logout of the site and clear your browser cache
    6. Login back to the site

Then please start enabling all the plugins (except cache) one by one each time checking if you can access everything. If at some point you experience the issue again, please note down what was that moment so we know about the plugin that's interfering. If everything works fine after enabling all the necessary plugins, switch back to your theme of choice and check again.

If everything's still fine, re-enable caches and see what happens.

There's a good chance that these steps alone will solve the issue but if they don't please report the details back to me and I"ll further investigate that.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.