Dashboard Update to 4.0.8 Fails to Work

Good Day!

I just noticed that the WPMU Dev Dashboard has not been updated on just one of my web sites. It is still at version 4.0.2. I attempted the update both from the web site's dashboard as well as the one here at wpmudev.org and both failed.

Any ideas? I have not yet tried to remove and reinstall the plugin.

Thanks!

Jim

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @jimmetzger, Michael here! :slight_smile:

When you try updating from the Network Dashboard for your Multisite (and not from the Hub), what's the error that's coming up? Could you mention that here please?

Also, could you please enable Support Access to your site, so that I can have a closer look at how you've got things set up here?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please advise,
    Michael

• Jim
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

By the way, just noticed that the unlock icon is not working on the WPMU menu. I have code snippets... here is what is in the head section:

<style>#toplevel_page_wpmudev .icon-access-granted { font-size: 14px; line-height: 13px; height: 13px; float: right; color: #1ABC9C; }</style><link rel='stylesheet' href='http://jimmetzger.net/wp-admin/load-styles.php?c=1&dir=ltr&load=dashicons,admin-bar,wp-admin,buttons,wp-auth-check&ver=4.4.2' type='text/css' media='all' />

...and the code to render the icon on the menu...

<li class="current"><a href="admin.php?page=wpmudev-support" class="current">Support <i class="dashicons dashicons-unlock icon-access-granted" title="Support Access enabled"></i></a></li>

...and snapshot of the menu attached! If you want a separate ticket, just let me know!

Jim

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @jimmetzger,

I do see what you mean here, the odd thing is that the notice to update only came up in our plugin, WordPress wasn't showing an update otherwise. :disappointed:

With that said, I've gone ahead and removed the version that was on there, and installed the latest version, just to keep the ball rolling here (which also has taken care of that lock image issue you mentioned, which is definitely curious). :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Jim
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Thanks for fixing the issue! Yes, I noticed that, too, but the reinstall appears to have cleaned up the issue. Also, the unlock icon is working fine now, too! Looks perfect!

Thanks again for your help! Marking as 200% resolved!

Jim

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.