Dashboard widgets

Can you please provide an option to show those dashboard widgets only to admins?
This plugin is considered a professional plugin which means it should behave professionally.

This is not a plugin for end users but its behaving like one. This is a plugin for paying members who are usually multisite developers, mostly developing for clients so there is absolutely no reason to show your Dashboard Widgets to clients. That is annoying and unprofessional in my opinion. The clients we develop for don't really have a clue so why show them these widgets? It leads to confusion and occasionally some people asking why they are paying for a developer if they could simply buy a plugin

If your opinion differs I'd love to hear the reasoning apart from wanting to market yourself.

Dashboard widgets
You may hide the WPMU DEV dashboard widgets via the "Screen Options" dropdown on the dashboard.

3SixtyEvolve

Hi @Ovidiu

Capetonian - nice. Me too!

I think if you set up the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin only on your administrator ID there shouldn't be any problem with clients seeing the plugin. I understand that you're frustrated with it, but can I ask you to give it another try. Just have a look at the Usage page of the WPMU DEV Dashboard again. Here are some extracts from there:

1. When a user enters an api key it will begin to limit the entire plugin view to just that username.

2. If you upgrade from an older version and already have an api key set, visiting the Manage page or saving it will limit to that user.

3. If you get locked out or need to enable a different user, or want to enable mulitiple users, you can put this in their wp-congif.php file: define("WPMUDEV_LIMIT_TO_USER", "1"); for one user or define("WPMUDEV_LIMIT_TO_USER", "1, 10"); etc for multiple. Those are userids.

4. The user limits hide almost everything from non allowed users: menu item, the admin pages, notifications, widgets. It WILL STILL however show the updates in the normal updates counter, as well as the yellow boxes on the plugins.php and themes.php pages. And on the update-core.php page it will still show the updates there, of course you will not be able to autoupdate them though. If a user is being super anal about those, you can further add the define('WPMUDEV_HIDE_BRANDING', true); and that will hide the minor branding on those pages completely.

5. It is easy for a user to see who is allowed to view the dashboard plugin by reading the notice on the top right of the Manage page. There are also those define instructions in the tooltip there.

This will hopefully assist you in getting the WPMU DEV Dashboard hidden from your clients.

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Have a good day in Cape Town (wow, just absolutely miss that mountain)!

Gina