Database Corruption; Restarting

Good afternoon --
About once a day our website is going offline for a short period of time as our main database crashes on our website. Our host tells us it's the following tables and they keep repairing them...

/bcepbkwdsq/coh_subscriptions_log_table
./bcepbkwdsq/coh_ahm_download_stats
2:50 pm
./bcepbkwdsq/coh_wfConfig
./bcepbkwdsq/coh_wfHits
./bcepbkwdsq/coh_wfLeechers

"WF" being in each tells me it's the plugin WordFence that I am currently not even utilizing. I have disabled the plugin. How do I go about repairing these tables so it does not keep crashing?

I have used the plugin WP-Optimize without success so far.

Thank you,
David

• James Morris

Hello David,

I hope you are well today.

Troubleshooting DB crashes can be a bit of a challenge.

First, before making any changes, perform a full backup of your database.

Next, if you know that you are no longer using specific plugins, you should remove their DB entries. If you're not sure which tables to remove, and you are on a single site install, you may be able to use the following plugin. Please note: this plugin should be used with extreme caution. https://wordpress.org/plugins/clean-options/

However, if you know what tables need to be removed, you may find doing them manually yourself a better option.

You may also want to clean up some of the Transient cache in your DB which can cause a great deal of clutter. I've found the following plugin to be very useful in helping keep my DB clean. https://wordpress.org/plugins/transients-manager/

Now, after you've done some general housekeeping, you will want to do a full repair and optimize on the DB. Since you said you've been having to do this daily, I assume you already know the process.

Once you have done the above, you'll need to watch the site for a couple days to see if the issue persists. If it does, phpMyAdmin has a diagnostics tool built into it that can offer some insights into why your MySQL server is performing poorly. This is especially useful for high traffic or DB intensive sites.

If you got to phpMyAdmin -> Status -> Advisor, you will see a list of issues on your DB server as well as the recommended steps to address them. However, these recommendations assume that you have sufficient access to your server and can make these configuration changes. If you do not have sufficient access, or if you are not comfortable altering your PHP and MySQL configuration, you may want to consult with your hosting provider for further assistance.

See screenshot: https://goo.gl/L8UTxs

Generally speaking, usually when MySQL continues to crash frequently like you are describing, it is either due to a poorly configured MySQL server, a poorly configured program, or you are exceeding the resources available and MySQL cannot handle the requests. Resources tend to be the most common problem.

I hope the above will help you get started in the right direction. Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.