Database error after 3.5.1 upgrade

Hi, after upgrading från 3.4.2 to 3.5.1 this weekend we recieve alot of errors in the webserver logs like this:

[Mon Feb 18 08:29:10 2013] [error] [client 85.24.130.34] WordPress database error f\xc3\xb6r f\xc3\xb6rfr\xc3\xa5gan SELECT ID, guid FROM wp_2317_posts WHERE post_status='publish' AND post_type = 'post' ORDER BY ID DESC limit 1000, 10 created by do_action('wp_ajax_autosave'), call_user_func_array, wp_ajax_autosave, edit_post, wp_update_post, wp_insert_post, wp_transition_post_status, do_action('transition_post_status'), call_user_func_array, sitewide_tags_remove_posts, m_wpdb->query, referer: http://ablog.ourdomain.tld/wp-admin/post-new.php

"caused by" can be different things like build in functions and some plugins.

Site seems to be running fine anyway but the errorlogs on the webservers are filling up fast.

I have re-upgraded and cleared out all caches (incl mysql query cache) but problem persist.
We have another site running fine with same version of WP and plugins but only difference is that it does not run on multi-db like this one.

So, could these errors be caused by multi-db?

Thanks
Tomas

• Barry

Do you have access to phpmysql on your server? Or some other method of accessing mysql?

Can you let me know how many multi-dbs you are running? Wondering if you could connect to the relevant database (can tell you which once we know how many db's you have) and run the sql and see what error it produces - because the error message tells us that there was an error, but not which one :slight_smile:

• Heydar

Hi Barry, we run 256 databases.

But this is strange (example):
    [Mon Feb 18 19:31:18 2013] [error] [client 109.58.76.189] WordPress databasfel f\xc3\xb6r f\xc3\xb6rfr\xc3\xa5gan SELECT option_value FROM wp_2317_options WHERE option_name = 'wp_2317_user_roles' LIMIT 1 skapat av do_action('wp_ajax_autosave'), call_user_func_array, wp_ajax_autosave, edit_post, wp_update_post, wp_insert_post, wp_transition_post_status, do_action('transition_post_status'), call_user_func_array, sitewide_tags_remove_posts, switch_to_blog, WP_Roles->reinit, get_option, m_wpdb->query, referer: http://misscady.spotlife.se/wp-admin/post-new.php

mysql> use blogs_68;
    mysql> show tables like 'wp_2317%';
    +-------------------------------+
    | Tables_in_blogs_68 (wp_2317%) |
    | wp_2317_blogstats             |
    | wp_2317_blogstats_daily       |
    | wp_2317_blogstats_total       |
    | wp_2317_gdsr_data_article     |
    | wp_2317_gdsr_data_category    |
    | wp_2317_gdsr_data_comment     |
    | wp_2317_gdsr_ips              |
    | wp_2317_gdsr_moderate         |
    | wp_2317_gdsr_multis           |
    | wp_2317_gdsr_multis_data      |
    | wp_2317_gdsr_multis_trend     |
    | wp_2317_gdsr_multis_values    |
    | wp_2317_gdsr_templates        |
    | wp_2317_gdsr_votes_log        |
    | wp_2317_gdsr_votes_trend      |
    | wp_2317_ngg_album             |
    | wp_2317_ngg_gallery           |
    | wp_2317_ngg_pictures          |
    18 rows in set (0.01 sec)

I checked the wp_blogs table and there's no blog with ID 2317! When I check the blog_id for misscady blog it has ID 1124.
    Where does the query come from and what could be a reason for table leftovers?
    I'm confused now :slight_smile:

• Barry

The table names seem to be from regular plugins, rather than something more rogue / suspicious.

The gdsr tables look to be coming from GD Star rating. ngg sounds like next generation gallery blogstats i'm guessing is a blogstats plugin :slight_smile:

I checked the wp_blogs table and there's no blog with ID 2317!

Do you have id's larger than that number?

When a blog is deleted from WP it will remove the standard tables / entres from the db, and the blogs entry in wp_blogs but any custom / plugin generated tables will remain behind - so that may have happened here.

Now, the question is - what is calling the save on a non existent blog :disappointed:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.