Database took a dump. Is it the plugin?

This may be a coincidence. After I installed Snapshot and ran a backup my database shut me out saying I'm accessing more than 25% resources. So I can't log in to uninstall and fix the issue. Would it uninstall if I just delete files from plugin folder? I also installed membership about the same time. Could the problem be any of these two plugins? Thanks. S.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Stephani,

Hope you're doing well today!

Yes, if you delete the plugin folder it will remove deactivate the plugin :slight_smile:

However, since your entire site is getting a database error, it's more likely that your host puts your site offline temporarily when it hits that 25% resources limit they have in place. This is likely to avoid the increase in usage affecting other sites on the same server.

It's a pretty common practice especially on shared hosts, not a convenient practice though as you've just found out :p

I would contact your web host and ask them about this, they should be able to get it set back up again.

Snapshot can use quite a bit of resources during the backup; however, it's uncommon for this to happen. How big is the site you were backing up?

Let us know it goes with your web host, we're more than happy to help further here to ensure we can get snapshot working best we can on your host :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.