Date boxing services in appointment, i.e. service only available on certain dates

Hi,

I am a photographer and offer a limited number of Fall color session on specific dates. Is there a way to have these show in appointments+ so that they are only available on those dates?

Kevin

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Kevin, hope you're doing well today, and welcome to WPMU DEV! :slight_smile:

First, on the "Working Hours" you can set the "Work?" option to "No" for all of the days, and then add in each date in the "Exceptional working days" field on the "Exceptions" page.

Now, in regards to setting an end to the workday, when you have all of the working days set to "No", we'll have to do a little code magic to get things to work properly if you want to have an end time that's after 5:30 PM.

Depending on the end time, you'll need to insert this code into your site as an mu-plugin (more on that here):

<?php

function new_end_hour( $end ) {
    	return 22;
    }
    add_filter( 'app_schedule_ending_hour', 'new_end_hour' );

The "22" here would represent 10:00 PM (it works on a 24 hour clock), change this number to your desired time. :slight_smile:

Now, this will mean that the day will end at 10:00 PM every day that you make open. If there's certain times that you don't want to be available on a day, then you'll need to set break hours for a certain day of the week (you can set multiple break times for a single day).

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Michael

• Kevin

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the information. While helpful, it doesn't really address my needs. I want to offer one service only from a particular date to a particular date at particular times while another service may be available all the time. For instance,

Always have a Family Photo Session available during my regular hours, but have a Family Fall Colors Session on available from 5-6pm on October 7,9,11, and 15th.

Is there any way to do that?

Kevin

• Ash

Hello @Kevin

I hope you are well today.

This is not possible out of the box I am afraid. There a possible ways though, but a bit messy.

1. You need to create a service and assign that service to a separate provider ( you will use the same account)
    2. From working hours tab, make him not available for every day.
    3. From exception tab, for that provider select that specific 4 dates as available.

It should work.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.