Date selection and saving conflict, Event Calendar and Membership Pro 2

Hi there,

I am hoping you can help! I have a conflict with the new Membership Pro 2 and the Events Calendar PRO version 3.10.1? This was not an issue with the previous Membership Pro but can’t be sure if this only occurred with the update to the latest calendar Pro. I have also submitted this to Modern Tribe support.

I have 2 issues with setting the dates for events.

1. The event picker for all users is overlapping but can be edited manually. see this screen shot: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/268903/File%20Sharing/Date-picker-overlap-and-saving-issues.pdf

2. I have set user protection and roles for this organisations ISA admins. Before these updates, they were easily able to set new event dates and save them. Currently, they cannot set a new event and new date as it won’t save. As a master admin I can set events and dates.

The same combination of plugins listed is being used although all have had updates. I have tested by deactivating other role-based plugins with the same issue still occurring with these turned off so it’s between Membership Pro 2 and The Events Calendar.

Regards
Peter

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Peter,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

When you said that Events Calendar Pro worked with previous version of Membership you are referring to Membership Premium, that was completely rewritten to Membership 2 Pro, is that correct or you are referring to some previous version of Membership 2 Pro?

Do you have access to previous version of Events Calendar Pro to test with on staging site so we can try pinpointing the cause of this?

Do you remember which version those two plugins were on last time it was still working?

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Peter

Hi @Predrag,

Yes, that is correct I was using Membership Premium and upgraded and reset to the all new Membership 2 Pro. I have a test sub-domain site which I have also granted access to WPMU through the support admin.

I have gone through and updated and tested all the plugins and theme except for Membership Premium and the Events Calendar Plugins. I can set events in all users who have access to the events admin.

For the Calendar picking issue I found this to occur after I updated the theme so this is a theme conflict. The sub-user admin on the live site still points to a permission issue between the new Membership 2 Pro and the New Events Calendar Pro combination of plugins.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Regards
    Peter

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Peter,

I hope you're well today!

For the Calendar picking issue I found this to occur after I updated the theme so this is a theme conflict.

It's a helpful diagnosis, I guess the issue should be fixable with a bit of CSS (and perhaps a small snippet of JS). I'd need to take a look at it though, as well as at the second issue in question.

That being said, I've tried to access your dashboard but I keep getting the "invalid token" error. This happens sometimes, fortunately it's also easy to repair simply by re-granting or extending an access. Could you please do this for me and let me know?

Thanks and have a great day!
    Adam

• Peter

Hi @Adam,

Thanks for the update. I have extended the access as requested.

I spoke to the Theme developer and the date picker issue is a css conflict with a plugin they use with the theme called Option Tree. A temporary workaround at the moment has been to use the Admin CSS plugin and add this CSS:

.post-type-tribe_events .ui-datepicker td a {
      display: block;
      font-size: 11px;
      text-align: center;
      width: 23px;
      height: 20px;
      padding: 2px;
    }

It works for the moment so all I need now is to resolve the issue of Restricted admins not being able to save Events? Could this be a cache issue?

Regards
    Peter

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Peter,

Caching shouldn't cause such issues but it wouldn't hurt to try clearing your cache and disabling the plugin after that to see if it will make any difference.

Unfortunately the support access is refusing to cooperate so I was unable to test it.
    Could we try other way, you can send us your login details via our secure contact form and we can access your site directly that way.

Could you also create one admin test account which I can use to replicate the issue with events not saving?

You can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ and the template below:

IMPORTANT: Make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic so it doesn't go back to forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - WordPress super admin username
    - WordPress super admin password
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Apologies for the inconvenience with support access, revoking access and granting it again works in 99% of cases :slight_frown:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.