Datepicker to move the time up by 15 min increments

In the contact page, there is a datapicker where we can select the time too. There is a way to change the timepicker to 15 min increments rather than the 1 min?

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Farzan Ahmed

I’ve taken a look at your site and I’m afraid there’s a lot of JS errors and warnings there now and your date picker is not functioning correctly. This makes it quite difficult to look into this question further.

Could you please revert any changes you’ve made to the code so we can look into this in its native state and see if we can help you further.

Also, please note that this is a custom code request and not a support question specific to WordPress or our plugins. As such, I’ve moved this thread over to our Member’s Forums so you can get some feedback from the community.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Farzan Ahmed
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi James

Thanks for that – can you do me a favour and send me a screenshot of what you’re seeing – although i’m not seeing any warnings (at this time), the datepicker on the home page and about us has bizarrely (and quite randomly I think) stopped working but the ones in the other pages work ok.

I’m thinking therefore, is that a server glitch?

Thanks

Farzan

• Farzan Ahmed
    • The Crimson Coder

Thanks Kasia

Sorry, I thought they were showing errors on the page.

No idea what’s happened there, so I’ll revert it back to a few days and copy the css I got from Luis to see if its that that did it (retry it and check if the error comes back) – if not, that’s great as I’d like the css there too.

Will update this shortly.

Thanks

Farzan

• Farzan Ahmed
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi

So, i reverted it back to last week; and although some of the datepickers work, other’s don’t for some reason.

No idea what’s going on here but the revert didn’t change anything, so I could do with your help on that?

Having looked at the date picker, it turns out it does actually offer 5 min slots rather than 1 min selections, which is good enough really.

Any help you can offer will be great.

Thanks

Farzan

• Farzan Ahmed
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi

Just to update on this, when I remove the CSS, the picker works OK

With the CSS, even on the ones where it does work, the drop down highlight (as you scroll down the options), is well off the mark.

I’ve granted support access again if you need to take a look too.

Thanks

Farzan

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Farzan Ahmed

Looks like this is a datepicker library and we can’t really do anything outside of that in this case. As you said, there is a settings to set 5 mins interval, you need to extend that option to enable 15 mins interval.

So, would you please contact the theme or plugin developer/support (whoever offers that datepicker) if there is any hook? If there is any php hook or js custom event, then we can use that to set our custom increment interval using that.

Let us know what you hear back from them.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Farzan Ahmed
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Ash

Thanks for getting back to me.

I didn’t realise until a few days ago that I can actually take it in 5 min slots, so that’s all good – happy to leave that as it is

BUT, for some reason, the one on the homepage doesn’t work at all whereas with CSS, I’ve managed to sort out the issue Kasia pointed out, so if i can fix the issue on the search bar on the homepage (with the datepicker not working), i’m good :slight_smile:

Thanks

Farzan

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Farzan Ahmed

This looks like a conflict. Though, I don't see any error on the console. But just for a quick test, would you please remove this and check if the top calendar works?

If it still doesn't work, would you please run a conflict test? Please deactivate all plugins except the one for the calendar and check if the problem gone. If so, then enable all plugins one by one and find which one is having conflict. You need to do the same with themes as well.

You can find the flowchart here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-1

Let me know if you find anything. Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Farzan Ahmed
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Ash

The top calendar doesn’t work when I remove that either – I added that as an alternative if we can’t fix the top one.

BUT, the top calendar on the other pages on the site DOES work, which is confusing me.

I’ve asked the theme developer to look at it as well but if between us, we can’t come up with anything, I think i’ll ditch that top calendar in favour of the smaller one in your screenshot.

Thanks

Farzan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.