Dazed and Confused - Page Not Found, Headings??

I'm new to this and experiencing buyer's remorse. My website was working but now it's not.

Why do I see Page Not Found instead of my pages? And Home, Categories, Community – do those have to show up? I’m using Scholar theme.

I installed themes for both BuddyPress and MarketPress – did I need to? Do I need MarketPress if what I’m mainly selling is memberships?

Can I adjust how the info below the logo appears? i.e. centered, change line break

Home Page and About the Club are the same page – can I get rid of one?’

• DavidM

Hi CoachJo and welcome to WPMU DEV!

If I might suggest in starting, taking a read of our online manuals can help a great deal in understanding how everything works.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/all-wpmu-dev-manuals/

That said, I'm not really sure about the Page Not Found issue but if you could provide a bit more information on that I'll be happy to see how I can help.

The Home, Categories and Communities menu items can be removed, you'd just have to delete lines 10-53 in /includes/main-navigation.php. That file is in the theme folder on your site at /wp-content/themes/bp-scholar/includes/ and you can remove those lines to remove the menu items.

You don't need MarketPress if you're planning on selling just memberships. For that matter you may want to have a look at the Membership plugin.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership

Changing the logo's appearance, etc. could take a bit of delving into itself and if you'll create a new thread on that in specific, we can go through that with ya!

Lastly, you can make your About the Club page your home page by going to Settings > Reading and selecting that page for the front page option as shown here (just threw this together to help ya out):

• CoachJo

Thanks David,

I have read the Introduction Manual and most of the Buddy Press Manual and have spent a lot of time browsing through the forums etc. My website address is http://www.studentsuccessclub.com. You will see that there is no content, just the theme with logo and the aforementioned not very nice looking tag line. Maybe I'm missing pushing some Export button or something....

I should have nine published pages but even in my admin view of the site where it looks pretty good, I only see seven - no Registration or Member page. I have tried setting up the Membership plugin but maybe I've missed something and that's why Register and Member pages don't show. Home and About the Club are listed separately but show the same thing. I can live with that.

I may want to use Home, Categories and, especially, Communities pages when I get this more figured out so I'm scared to delete lines of code. Can I hide them, rename them and put some factoids on them or something like that?

• Mason

Hiya CoachJo,

So you're running Membership along with the scholar theme and BuddyPress, is that correct?

I'm assuming some things are showing and others are not (like when you view the site as a visitor). Can you tell us a bit more about what you're trying to accomplish and the specific issues you're hitting.

Setting up a membership site takes a lot of careful planning and a ton of testing. We're happy to help guide you through it as best we're able, but need to know more details first. My suggestion would be to get the entire site in place before activating the membership plugin.

Thanks!

• Mason

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!