DB Collation issue when cloning a site using "Cloner" plugin

Hi, when im cloning a site using "Cloner" it seems to be using a collation that is different to the collation specified in wp-config and also with in the database.

For instance, the collation of the database, and set within wp-config is "utf8mb4_unicode_ci"
After i clone a site the newly created tables all have the collation of "utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci" which is causing issues elsewhere within the site.

Is there a way to change this anywhere?

Thanks

James

• Rupok

Hi James,

This is really weird and should not happen. I just cloned one of my subsites and still all tables in my database are in "utf8mb4_unicode_ci". So I think this is your site/server/database specific issue.

To troubleshoot the issue, can you please check if your "wp-config.php" file has any extra definition than standard? I mean, compare with a default multisite "wp-config.php" file and check what customization are done there. Try commenting out those and check if the same thing happens again.

Can you please also check the default collation of your database? If that is anything other than "utf8mb4_unicode_ci", please change it to "utf8mb4_unicode_ci". I believe, that will resolve your issue.

Please let us know how these go. If these don't resolve your issue, we will be glad to investigate further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi James,

From your screenshot, your database settings seems to be okay. And thanks for confirming about the customization in your "wp-config.php" file. So I'm not exactly sure why this is behaving such. Can you please try to regenerate this on another server? If cloner works fine on another server, then it's definitely WPEngine issue.

I think it will be best if you contact WPEngine regarding this and let us know what they say about this. That will give us valuable insight regarding the issue. After that, if necessary, we will be glad to investigate further.

Please let us know the update. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.