Deactivate blog site after free trial expires

I am wondering if there is a way to have the blog site that a user created during their 14-day free trial to automatically be deactivated if they have not upgraded their plan/subscription. We are not requiring a credit card to sign up, so if they don't pay, I would like for them to not have access to the site at all. Is this possible?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Nikki,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

There's an in-built option to redirect admins of "expired" sites to Pro Sites checkout. To enable it please go to your site's "Network Admin -> Pro Sites -> Settings -> General" page and tick the "Force redirect on Expiration" checkbox:

When the plan expires (e.g. not updated trial) admin of the site should not then be able to access any part of the dashboard and be automatically redirected to the Pro Sites checkout page. Would that do the trick for you or would you like to put some more limitations on the site?

I imagine there could be scenarios like these:

1. front-end is replaced with some sort of a "inactive" message
    2. admin after login is redirected to Pro Sites checkout or
    3. admin is not able to login at all
    4. users are not able to login to the site

Any of these (or a combination) would suit your needs?

Let me know please!
    Best regards,
    Adam

• Nikki
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Preferrably, we would like the frontend to have some sort of message "Your free trial has expired. Please upgrade to a Pro Sites package to continue access to your site."
    As well as not letting admin or users login.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Nikki!

Thank you for this explanation!

The Pro Sites plugin includes the "Pay to blog" module that blocks the site completely until it's paid. To use it please go to your "Network Admin -> Pro Sites -> Modules" and enable the "Pay to Blog" module.

Then please go to "Network Admin -> Settings -> Pay to Blog" page, tick the "Disable Front End" checkbox to make sure that the front-end will be disabled if the site's not paid and add your custom messages.

After the trial period expires and the site is still not paid, this should immediately block both back and front-end. Front-end sill display the message defined in "Front End Restricted Message" box and back-end, although will allow admin to login, will only let him access checkout page along with a message defined inside "Checkout Message" box.

Let me know please if this worked for you!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.