Deactivate Coursepress Theme. Activate Scribe

Hi,
I have started building a site using Coursepress Pro and its theme, Coursepress.
I have tried changing the them to Scribe.
When I do, I see the Scribe template-- School of Bookbinding, ipsum lorem etc
My existing pages and posts are hidden in there somewhere- but very well hidden.
I have not tried dragging them all out yet because when I try other themes from WP they have so far, and almost magically, automatically recreated my site.
Meaning the only thing I see are my posts, pages simply rearranged to the new theme.

Is there a reason this has not happened with Scribe?
Is there a box I may not have checked? (I am a coding=what? human.)

Thanks for your help,
Peter

• Sajid

Hi @peter,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Scribe and all other upfront child themes are different than other WordPress themes. Once you will activate one of theme then on home page you will see the predesigned demo pages instead of default posts.

So you have to rearrange your courses, posts and pages on upfront your self. Just add them in upfront using elements and for courses just create a menu item and add them in menu.

Also, one more tip, if you are using Upfront theme then its recommended you set actual pages instead of Virtual Pages from Admin > CoursePress Pro > Settings > General. Because upfront does not support virtual pages yet, yes it should be and we are working on the compatibility issue that will be out soon :slight_smile:

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid