Deactivate User-Sync, Will Users Remain on Master & Sub Sites?

I'm wondering if I deactivate the User Synchronization plugin, will the Users remain on both master & sub sites?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Robert,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question! :slight_smile:

I've checked the code of the plugin and while it does run a deactivation script on uninstall, it looks to only delete the User Synchronization settings, rather than the users themselves. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Robert
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Perfect. I'm mainly using it for a massive user transfer and this seemed like a good option to do that. I'm deleting the existing website and moving everything to a new one and had to take the users with me.

• Robert
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Well, there is a minor issue that you might not be able to help with. I'm using Paid Memberships Pro as the plugin to handle signups on that website. We have about 45 users who have signed up for the website. However, that plugin doesn't seem to place the user in the actually Users section in Wordpress - it seems to keep them in their plugin. So, when I use user synchronization, it only copies the users who were there before we put this signup plugin into play. Any idea how to get those users over as well? Or would I have to go to that plugin creator?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @robert,

It might be worth firing off a support request to the plugin author, IMO i think doing it like that is a bad idea, the users table is there for a reason & I can't see any reason why users should be kept in a different table. But I have never used that plugin myself, so not exactly sure how it works, they'll certainly be able to offer some advice on that though, they know the plugin better than we would.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.