i am facing the problem in domain mapping
drmurugesh.clouds4all.in this wpmu need to point drml.in
how can i do it
kindly help me
Thank you

• Sajid

Hi @murali_selvaraj,

Hope you are doing good today and welcome to WPMUDEV :slight_smile:

Our domain mapping plugin is different from other regular plugin and play plugins.

Before using this plugin and actually mapping the domain from Tools section you have to make sure your server and domain is ready to be used.

First of all make sure you have dedicated IP. If no then I am afraid you can not use this plugin. If you are not sure if you have a dedicated IP or not then please contact your host and ask.

After confirmation, make sure the domain is resolved properly on your server and you must have configured A record and CNAME properly. Please see "A Record & CNAME" section of usage guide.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/#product-usage

Once you have setup and configured every thing then go to your subsite admin > Tools > Domain Mapping to map domain.

Hope that helps! If you still need assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• Sajid

Hi @murali_selvaraj,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I would love to help you in what ever way possible but I need to know that either you have dedicated/static IP ? If you are not sure then please ask your host and let me know.

If yes then let me know your IP address and send me Cpanle login information along with FTP and your site Administrator email address via our private and secure contact form in following format. Please include all information.

Subject: "Attn: Sajid Javed"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -cPanel login URL
    -cPanel login username
    -cPanel login password
    -Your IP address
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• Sajid

Hi @murali_selvaraj,

Thanks for sending that through, but I am unable to login to the cPanel. I tried several time but ended up on a warning pages as seen in attached screenshots. I tried without HTTPS but still being redirected to same page.

Please fix this issue first and let me know when I can login.

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• Sajid

Hi @murali_selvaraj,

It says proceed to thozhan.net (unsare) instead of clouds4all.in.

I manged to get into the cPanel account but I think its for a different domain instead of clouds4all.in. Because in FileManager I can't the files are not related to WordPress.

If this is the correct site credentials then where you are exactly hosting clouds4all.in ? I mean in a subdirectory ? If yes then I am afraid Domain Mapping will not work because it will redirect all sites on root directory.

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• Sajid

Hi @murali_selvaraj,

I am sorry we don't offer one on one support at the moment, because we have to get help from other staff member like developers of the plugin for complex issues. You have to leave your message in the forum to get assistance.

If you are not sure how to setup your site on your server then you have to ask your host to do it for you, this is a ten minutes job for them to do.

Once you have configured your site on your server then you just need to go to subdomain site dashboard tools and map the domain.

As I said before, there are no specific settings issue in Domain Mapping plugin. The most important thing here is your domain is configured correctly and propagated to make it work.

So, in this case the best option for you is to contact your host and ask them to configure new domain A record and point to root folder, where you have installed WP multi-site.

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• Sajid

Hi @murali_selvaraj,

Thanks for sending that through. I have configured the domain with the help of my senior colleague (it were all messed up by the way), so you are now good to go.

Here are the following steps to actually map the domain.

1. Download and install WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin.

2. Login with WPMUDEV username and password, that you used to login here.

3. Install and activate Domain Mapping plugin from WPMUDEV > Plugins.

4. Go to your drmurugesh.clouds4all.in SubSite admin > Tools > Domain Mapping and map with drml.in.

5. Done!

Hope that helps! If you still need assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.