USER SYNC failure to complete

Hi Guys,

Our site seems to time out when syncing the user database between sites (screenshot attached). I did manage to get a fair few users over but not all and now nothing more works. Additionally, cannot see debug mode any longer.

Interestingly, in creating an account for you to log in, the syncronisation worked like a charm and an account was created on mr4x4.tv automatically as promised however, the existing users in store.mr4x4.com.au did not all come across and times out with every re-attempt.

lastly, i have mostly the same users on mr4x4.com.au that exist on the sub domain store.mr4x4.com.au (apart from new sales since the move to a sub store), if i make mr4x4.com.au a sub site and sync, will it skip all existing users and only add the ones that do not exist there or should i overwrite everyone?

Look forward to your reply.

Eldon De Croos
General Manager
Pat Callinan Media

• Rupok

Hi Eldon De Croos

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I did manage to get a fair few users over but not all and now nothing more works

Do you have any user role editor plugin, or any other plugin that modifies default user roles? Can you please do a plugin conflict test just to make sure no other plugin is causing this? To know more about plugin conflict, you can check this article: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

the existing users in store.mr4x4.com.au did not all come across and times out with every re-attempt

I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

if i make mr4x4.com.au a sub site and sync, will it skip all existing users and only add the ones that do not exist there or should i overwrite everyone?

With WordPress User Sync plugin, you don't have any option to skip all existing users, but you can add news users as extra users (if any conflict occurs) without replacing the old users.

I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• ELDON

Hi Rupok,

Thank you for the fast reply.

I have a few plugins which could affect this but no user role specific plugins.

The plugins would be Woosubscriptions, Woomemberships or social login.

Addtionally, i have a custom coded plugin to manage our subscriptions however this just ties into existing roles, so i cannot imagine this to be a problem.

Could it be that I have woocommerce installed which creates the "Customer" role, something that does not exist in the new site?

Anyhow, i have granted support access for you as the problem still persisted after deactivating plugins relating to user roles. (woocommerce is not a plugin i can deactivate)

I will install woocommerce on mr4x4.tv and see if that helps by having identical roles on each site.

I look forward to your reply,

Eldon

• ELDON

UPDATE: DEBUG MODE

Warning: fopen(/home/mr4x4/public_html/wp-content/plugins/user-sync/log/errors_s.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mr4x4/public_html/wp-content/plugins/user-sync/user-sync.php on line 169

Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/mr4x4/public_html/wp-content/plugins/user-sync/user-sync.php on line 171

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/mr4x4/public_html/wp-content/plugins/user-sync/user-sync.php on line 172

Warning: fopen(/home/mr4x4/public_html/wp-content/plugins/user-sync/log/errors_s.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mr4x4/public_html/wp-content/plugins/user-sync/user-sync.php on line 169

Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/mr4x4/public_html/wp-content/plugins/user-sync/user-sync.php on line 171

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/mr4x4/public_html/wp-content/plugins/user-sync/user-sync.php on line 172

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mr4x4/public_html/wp-content/plugins/user-sync/user-sync.php:169) in /home/mr4x4/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1228

Any ideas?

• Rupok

Hi ELDON

Hope you had a wonderful day.

Could it be that I have woocommerce installed which creates the "Customer" role, something that does not exist in the new site?

I don't think so. Because those users will automatically get "Subscriber" role on new site.

This mostly happens where there is permission issue. Can you make sure you have 755 or 750 for all directories, and 644 or 640 for all files?

I will install woocommerce on mr4x4.tv and see if that helps by having identical roles on each site.

Please let us know the result. If it solves the issue, then awesome. If it doesn't please let us know. We will investigate further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• ELDON

Okay, problem solved.

It may be our server resources (we are however dedicated), our variety of plugins or the simple fact our database is so big however 25k users seemed to be too difficult as we stalled at about 11k.

Long story short, our solution was to export the wp_users and wp_meta tables from the master site database in phpmyadmin and then simply import these tables into the new database dropping the existing tables.

The result is a exact copy of the user information whilst letting the plugin maintain that parity, which is does perfectly.

A+++ on the plugin, works as advertised and is worth every cent. The challenge was most certainly on our side.

Cheers guys and thanks for the support Rupok.

Eldon.