Debug notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated

Hello,

I’m getting a debug notice when Antisplog plugin enabled:

Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is <strong>deprecated</strong> since version 4.3.0! Use
<pre>__construct()</pre>
instead.

Best regards,

Damian

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Damian,

Hope you’re doing well today :slight_smile:

This notice will not affect the functionality of the site so when you get your site live you should simply disable wp_debug.

I’m going to make a report to plugin developer so he can address this in next plugin update.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Titanium Creative
    • Finder of Elusive Bugs

Line 204 in the main php file seems a bit odd.

$html .= <<<EORcptJs
    <script type="text/javascript">
    (function ($) {
    $("#{$id}-handler").live("click", function () {
    var el = $("#{$id}");
    if (!el.length) return false;
    if (el.is(":visible")) el.hide();
    else el.show();
    return false;
    });
    })(jQuery);
    </script>
    EORcptJs;

Looks like it is missing quotes. The code hinting in Dreamweaver is showing the rest of the php code as black after this line. I haven’t seen “<<<” before. Not sure what it means so I dont’ know if this is actually an issue.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Chris!

You are referring now to the “Recent Custom Posts” plugin (just like Titanium Creative did), is that right?

Thanks for suggesting the fix. It would be great however if we could all keep such reports/fixes in separate threads if they a related to other plugins than the one assigned to the first/initial post of the thread. I mean that the initial post was about “Anti-Splog” and know even though I’m forwarding the message to the developer of that other plugin I”m not able to create bug report from here. Keeping issues separate if they relate to different plugins would help me do this :slight_smile:

I hope that makes sense. That’s just for future reference though, there’s no need to re-post you recent message :slight_smile:

Have a great day!

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.