DEBUG.LOG function not working. I can't upload images in the library

I have added correctly this code to the wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

But can see debug.log file.

Also, I can't upload images in the library. I check the folder permission and it is set to 755. When I change to 777 it works. But I don't want to have 777. It's too risky.
Support Access enabled.

p.s. I also deleted my admin user but I do not know if it has a relationship with this issues.

Thank you.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Richard,

Hope you're doing well :slight_smile:

I did some tests on your installation and the image upload is working fine for me even though I see that permissions are set to 755 on your site.
    Did you manage to get this sorted or am I missing something here?
    Which browser and OS you are using, have you tried with a different browser to see if that could be the issue?

Also, when I check the wp-content folder I can see that the debug.log file is present.
    Please note that this file is created when there's something to write in it, if there are no errors the file will not be created.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Richard

CPanel emailed me stating that there is a problem with the 'cpuspeed RPM package' in Redhat. I deleted this from my server and also changed to the default cpanel package in Apache4. These actions allowed the uploads folder to start working. It looks like there is some server configuration issue to do with permissions for user accounts. I have cgi running at the moment so this is pretty permissive in how php is run. CPanel is looking into this. Thank you. Richard

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.