deciding whether to redo site or delete infected plugins

I have support access turned on for:

I ran a defender scan and it found quite a few things. Can you please take a look and tell me if I should delete the plugins or is it best to just redo the site under a fresh install?

  • Rupok

    Hi cornelius_butler,

    Thanks for granting Support Access. I ran a scan on your site and saw the report. In the report, there are 6 issues and *all* of them are being caused by outdated plugins. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

    Redoing the site from scratch with same old plugins won't solve this issue. Rather you should update all those plugins in your site. Surprisingly, your site is saying all your plugins are updated, but they are not. For example, in your site, you are using Akismet v2.5.9, but the latest version is v3.2 :

    Can you please do a plugin conflict test just to make sure no other plugin is causing this update blockage? To know more about plugin conflict test, you can check this guide:

    Did you do anything on your site to disable automatic/regular update?

    In all the cases, making your site secure will require updating all those plugins, automatically or manually. Or if you remove those specific plugins, that will eliminate your site vulnerability for the time being.

    Please let us know if you have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

    Have a nice day. Cheers!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.