Dedicated IP for Domain mapping and every sites/blogs

Hi,

I need dedicated IP´s for all my sites/ blogs on my multisite network for SEO- reasons.

How do I fix this with WPMU?

Best Regards

Viktor

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Viktor

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

I don't think this would be possible to have dedicated IP for each subsite. Well, I am not sure, so I am adding the developer @Sam for his opinion on this.

Cheers
    Ash

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi viktor,

This is definitely not possible i'm afraid. Wordpress subsites are virtual sites and use internal URL rewriting to achieve the multisite functionality.

Can you tell me why or where you read that a dedicated IP is a requirement for SEO? That is something I have never heard of before.

Thanks

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

If that was the case, then every single site on a shared hosting plan would be severely punished, which is not the case.

The dedicated IP requirement for SSL's for each domain, I can see that being a main issue, but I don't think that would really be an issue under this case.

However after speaking with the developer, if you can get all domains (IP addresses) to point to the same vhost, it could be possible, but that's something i've never ever tried before, you would most likely need to speak to your webhost though about trying to configure the server for that.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.