Default Attachment for media - not images-

Hi, I want the default ATTACHMENT DISPLAY SETTINGS for media files (not images) to be set to "Link to Media File". I have found update_option snippets for images, but not audio/video. Can't find the media equivalent of 'image_default_link_type' for media to set the pre-selected option. Any help? Much appreciated.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Ricardo,

Hope your weekend is going well!

There doesn't appear to be a simple option for this like there is with images. It would need to be custom coded. I'd recommend posting this in our web development and coding subforum; https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/forum/dev-stuff#discussion-modal

Custom development is out of the scope of our support due to the amount of requests we get; however, if you post it in the Members forum via the link above then a developer from within the community may be able to help out :slight_smile:

There are many members subscribed to that forum which is why I suggest posting a new topic there instead of me just moving this one, that way it will notify the subscribed members of your new post.

If you have any further questions on that just let us know.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.