Default commission.

Where do I set the default commission payable?

• Paul Foster Marketing

Hi Gina!

Yes, it's me again, lol! :wink:

Now 06:00 here, should really have gone to bed, but too excited! Really loving this stuff, amazed at the quality, and my jaw just keeps dropping!

Yes I'm referring to the Affiliate plugin, and I have activated the membership add-on.

The site is not live yet, there's plenty of content, and I was originally going to leave it as it was and start using wpmudev on a new site, but I keep installing your awesome plugins, and have now deactivated my original (and all set up and ready to go) membership plugin too.

And I'm now beginning to see double, so maybe I should go get some zzzzzzz!

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi @PAFoster

Your enthusiasm is inspiring and refreshing! Thank you for that :slight_smile:

Now to get back to your initial question. I have been searching where to input the commission % for the Affiliates + Membership plugin, but haven't been successful in finding it. This is a fairly new addition to the plugin and the Usage for this is still being documented. Since I don't have an answer for you I will go ahead and ping the Developer to assist us with this.

In the meantime, if there is anything else I can assist with, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Talk soon again.

Gina

• Paul Foster Marketing

I have did come across commission options by chance earlier whist concentrating on membership plugin to help someone else, but it seems I can pay an afflaite a set fee for a sign up.

Totally useless for my marketing, i need to set an overall commission rate (genrally 50%) in one of my markets (though much less for others) - with the option to manually edit to change for specific afflilates ie up the commission for good ones.

I can explain more about how affliates work in my markets if it helps, as actual members becoming afflaites is a feature that I haven't been able to find anywhere and that's a major plus.

Basically I can have other affliliates, ie not users of the site, register as an affliate level member and set up various affliate tools, banner adds, blog posts, articles email swipes etc in that level.

Thanks Gina!

PS: I seriouly hate the word affliates as my brain developed a mental block on touch typing it a while ago, and now every time I do it's spelt differently! I know it is spelt affiliates (that was typed very slow, lol) but my brain just doesn't get it!!!

It's the same with jion - sorry join, lol! :smiley: thank god there aren't any other words!!

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi @PAFoster

Smiling all the way, reading through your latest post. I get that all the time - typing words wrongly. Typing too fast I guess :slight_smile:

There is a place in MarketPress where you can set the affiliate commission %, but I guess this is not what you're after. Wish I could be more helpful here though. Let me know if you have any further questions and I will try to answer as thorough as possible.

Have a good day!

Gina

• Paul Foster Marketing

Hey Gena, keep meaning to come back to this thread! Been busy in others, lol.

I have looked at MarketPlace and can see it include % commissions there, so hopefully not to difficult to implement. With my current project Affliates will work as a sign sign up payment, though that's only because the site is out side my usual business model.

I'll raise the point again at another time when I have had more time to study the plugins and themes - a little overwhelmed with this amazing community at the moment! Only been here a few days!!

:smiley:

• Paul Foster Marketing

Hey Gena, keep meaning to come back to this thread! Been busy in others, lol.

I have looked at MarketPlace and can see it include % commissions there, so hopefully not to difficult to implement. With my current project Affliates will work as a sign sign up payment, though that's only because the site is out side my usual business model.

I'll raise the point again at another time when I have had more time to study the plugins and themes - a little overwhelmed with this amazing community at the moment! Only been here a few days!!

:smiley:

======
    Slow down; you move too fast.
    Back to WPMU DEV Community.
    ======

Wow, what an awesome error message!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.