Default membership access level and pop-up payment issue

Thank you for your support so far! I have a few issues that I'd like to get help with please.

1) I think the plug-in used to assign accounts the default access level of 'Visitor' to new accounts, but I can't figure how to get it do to do it now. So when someone creates an account and logs in they can't see any pages on the site as they all become blocked, however a visitor not logged in can see all the correct pages and is correctly blocked from accessing the premium pages. I'd like to avoid having to set up default visitors subscriptions if possible, I'd just like to add registered users automatically to the visitors access level. It is possible to add them manually as you can see in my screenshot below.

Screenshot1

2) When setting the registration page 'Form Type' to "Popup registration form" would it be possible to define a max height for the popup box and have it scroll vertically? It currently overrides the page height when it opens and doesn't allow the user to scroll the page when the mouse cursor is inside the box. I've linked a screenshot below, also the formatting for the background of the box isn't quite right - though I may be able to fix this myself with some CSS but I thought you should know.

Screenshot 2
Screenshot 3

Thanks again for helping!

• Rahul Verma

Hello,

I hope you are well today and Thanks for posting on the forums.

I'd just like to add registered users automatically to the visitors access level.

You can assign default subscription to newly registered users from Membership >Options page by selecting "Use subscription" as per attached screenshot.

would it be possible to define a max height for the popup box and have it scroll vertically?

Please give us registration page link so we can suggest you some custom css to achieve this.

Best Regards
    Sandeep Kumar

• Jamie

Thanks for the quick reply.

You can assign default subscription to newly registered users from Membership >Options page by selecting "Use subscription" as per attached screenshot.

I was trying to avoid setting up new accounts with a free Visitor's subscription just incase it would incur any potential bugs from changing subscription levels. I have however setup it up this way for now and I shall thoroughly test to make sure that it works as it should. Thank you for your help.

Please give us registration page link so we can suggest you some custom css to achieve this.

Again, thanks for your help, but I have now decided that I won't use the pop up method just to make sure that my website stays compatible across all devices and screens.

I have just found another potentially big problem. Under Membership Options > Membership pages > Registration completed page; I am setting this page to be the main page that hosts all of my premium content, however I now cannot set this page to be private at all - so anyone, even those who are not even logged in can see it! This is bad! Please help.

• Rahul Verma

Hello @Jamie,

That's a default functionality of the plugin for security purpose to not display premium content after registration if user doesn't logged in automatically and it's best practice to display Welcome Message Page there and don't include that's page url in the site navigation.

Though I'll see if another member of the support staff can provide some extra help here.

Best Regards
    Sandeep Kumar

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.