Default Membership showing on Register page

Hi

When I setup the plugin, I created a default membership - "Free". I then created a paid level.

But if I go to the register page, I don't see the Free membership - is it possible to have this visible?

Screenshots attached.

thanks

• Kasia Swiderska

Hi devedge,

But if I go to the register page, I don't see the Free membership - is it possible to have this visible?

Default membership is not visible because users can't join it after the registration - because they already did join it. This is membership for registered users - before they join the other memberships.
    If you want to have a Free membership, that you want users to join, you have to create new Standard type of Membership - this way your users will be able to join.
    You create it the same way as your paid membership, but you don't tick the "This is a paid membership".

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• devedge

Hi Kasia

I have looked into this a little more - the default membership is not visible even when the user is not logged in.
    What is also confusing is that if I am on a protected content page, there is a Register link at the bottom. Clicking on this takes me to a registration form - this is makes sense. It also shows that I am on the Register page because the menu option for Register is highlighted [see screenshot Register1]. But, if I then click on the Register menu link, the content of the page changes and shows just the paid membership options - the default is again not showing. [see screenshot Register2].
    So it seems as if clicking on the Register link shows the Membership page - but still has the Register link highlighted.
    I'm confused!

• Kasia Swiderska

Hi devedge,

I have looked into this a little more - the default membership is not visible even when the user is not logged in.

Yes, exactly. The default membership is not visible. This is membership that is added to users automatically when they register. They can't manually join it. Even if they are not logged in they cannot join. The default type membership is not going to be visible to users. Only the Standard and Dripped Content Membership type are listed as memberships that user can join.
    If you want to give free access and have them to join, you have to have Standard free membership.

Could you grant support access? I would like to see your settings regarding this issue with links in menu. You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Kind regards,
    Kasia