Default mp_category.php Markup

I’m trying to make some changes to the category displays. The changes should be simple but I’ve been searching for a couple house now and can’t find a solution.

It seems that I could create a custom mp_category.php file, but I’m not sure what the default code for this looks like. Where can I find the markup that creates the default category pages?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings troycdunn,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

All reference information related to themeing Market Press is located in the Themeing_MarketPress.txt file located at /wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress-includes/themes/ folder including the Category list pages indicated as:

mp_category-CATEGORYSLUG.php

mp_category-CATEGORYID.php

mp_category.php

mp_taxonomy.php

mp_productlist.php

Cheers, Joe

• Troy
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks for follow up with this Joe. I’m still not clear where the current markup resides. The Themeing_MarketPress.txt file indicates that the markup might be found in template-functions.php?

Where specifically is the code that generates the category pages?

I’m trying to remove the “July 24, 2012 by AltruMedia”, I want to add pagination to the top of the page, and I’d like to get rid of the entire left column. To do all of this, I need to create my own template. However, since I don’t know what the original PHP looks like, it’s very difficult.

Some additional help would be appreciated.

• Troy
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

After some more research, it seems that these elements are mostly controlled by my Genesis Framework. I’m going to follow up with that.

Not sure if you want to answer the original question for anyone else that is looking for this code.

Thanks again for your help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.