Default settings for new blogs

Hello,

I'm using the "New Blog Defaults" plugin. It allows me to set the theme, and some other stuff when a batch of blogs is created by admin or a new visitor to the site creates a brand new blog. It's a great tool BUT...

The newly created blog does not have the following <= how to solve this??
- Description Meta
- Keywords Meta
- Robots Meta
- Site Admin as blog admin

Thanks for your help, people.

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

*shrug* You could probably do most of that with the "New Default Plugin" that you reference. Depends on which one you;re using. Considering there's 8 or 9 of these, you may want to link to the specific one you;re referencing.

Description and Keywords depends on how you;re doing these as this isn't a WPMu feature out of the box.

Robots, we;ve talked about previously although again this depends on what specifically you;re trying to do.

Site admin as blog admin is just a simple add_user_to_blog call. Take a look within wp-includes/wpmu-functions.php for how wpmu does this.

• Ovidiu
    • Code Wrangler

well, you could solve the robots.txt by putting a robots.txt into the root, as far as Iknow it extends to all subdomain blogs.

site admin as blog admin doesn't need to be set, you can access all blogs anyway, what would be the purpose?

keywords and description meta u can have by using the modified AIO SEO plugin available here...

• Kirk Ward
    • Syntax Hero

Hang on for a day or so and we might well have a very good alternative for you too!

If I keep hanging on by my fingertips for the things you have under development I'm going to run out of fingers to hold on by. How many projects do you have under development? There aren't that many of you, are there?

I don't think I've ever seen such an active bunch of coders! You wear me out just trying to learn the basics, and then you pull some more rabbits out of the hat.

Lordy, I'm worn out just trying to think about the hours you must keep.

But, do keep it up. It's impressive.

Cheers and cheerios!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.