Default theme and New blog templates together

Hi,
Do we need the Default Theme plugin if we use New Blog Templates or is it useless in that case?

Best Regards

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hello, fellow user of Genesis!

In our case, I believe you're right. Using Default Theme is going to make building a site with Genesis Framework in place a lot easier. It may limit some options, or increase customization time later, but it would simplify working around a framework.

Hope this helps!

• Arom77
    • Froggy

HI @aristath and @Michelle Shull :slight_smile:

I'm using NBT. When people choose a template they get the Genesis theme related to this template. As you need to activate the Genesis framework before activating a Genesis theme, I just want to be sure that I'm not missing a point.

I guess that I just need to network activate the Genesis framework (in admin network / themes) and that's OK. It does look OK, just want to be sure :slight_smile:

• Arom77
    • Froggy

Hi,

Just an update that I'm sure will help folks using Genesis.

After some testing I came to the conclusion that when using the Genesis framework and New Blog Templates you need to use Default Theme too and set in on "Genesis".
    If you don't, New Blog Templates won't give you the Genesis theme you selected during the registration (i'll give you for example Twenty fourteen instead).

If some people thinks I'm wrong about this please don't hesitate to tell me, but that's what I think I actually discovered :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.