[Default Theme] Making images larger on Home page on mobile devices

Hi we want help with making the images in feed on home page be larger when visiting the site on mobile device

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Felix

When I attempted to access your site, I got a 502 Bad Gateway error returned. This is usually related to a server being overloaded.

Would you please check your site/server and ping us back here when it is back online. Also, if you could provide a time window (in UTC) with when the traffic is lowest on the site, this would help us to avoid checking during peak times.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Felix
    • New Recruit

Hi James,

Thank you for checking.

That's really weird as right now the site is not visited by too many visitors as we still in the first stages of launching it.

I can see in my dashboard inside the WP that you were logged in.

Can you please try again?
    Any time is good as we didn't yet publically fully launched it.

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Felix

Sorry for the delay on this issue.

Would you please try adding the following custom CSS to WP Admin -> Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS:

@media screen and (max-width: 479px) {
        .mvp-flex-story-img, .mvp-flex-story-in, .mvp-widget-dark-sub, .mvp-widget-dark-sub-img, .mvp-widget-feat1-bot-story, .mvp-widget-feat1-bot-img, .mvp-blog-story-out, .mvp-blog-story-img {
            width: 100% !important;
            margin: .25em 0 !important;
            }
        img.mvp-reg-img {
            display: block !important;
            }
        img.mvp-mob-img {
            display: none !important;
            }
    }

Please note that this breakpoint is only for the smallest screens (phones). If you want to display larger images on tablets, you may need to adjust the max-width: 479px of the @media query.

Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.