Default website page after creating a new user site

I installed a fresh multi site, setup a dna record * and a subdomain *. When I create a new site i see only a default page like this demo.realtyx.net and when I try to access the dashboard I get an 404 error. Nothing seems to work except the main site is working fine.

• Juergen
    • Flash Drive

Yes this is the problem. DNS Setting with A record *.realtyx.net is there and subdomain I created but its not visible. The folder is created on the server and when I try it again it says this subdomain is already created.

I have made 3 screenshots. My host says (bluehost) wildcard is activated on all accounts. That's why I am so confused.

Thanks for looking into it

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi

You seem to be totally misunderstanding the concept of multisite.

A multisite shares all the same core files.

You do not need to create subdomains & folders in your CPanel for each subsite you want to create.

All you need is your main site, you create the network.

In your public_html is your main wordpress site

so you create the wildcard domain

*.realtyx.net and set it's document_root to be public_html

That is it. no creating folders. no adding subdomains.

see http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network

Hope this helps.

• Juergen
    • Flash Drive

I deleted a folder in /etc with the name realtyx.net and all previous sites and created a new site. This site is now visible in the dashboard under My Sites (it was not before) but still when I visit the site the 404 error comes up:

404 Not Found
    The server can not find the requested page:

arizona.realtyx.net/wp-admin/post-new.php (port 80)
    Please forward this error screen to arizona.realtyx.net's WebMaster.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi

Remove the A record for your wildcard domain in your DNS. You shouldn't use A records for subdomains anyway, CNAME should be used.

But in this case, just remove it completely. then you should be able to add it in your CPanel subdomains page instead, so then you won't get the error message in your pic below.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.